DEEP LEARNING TECH LEAD IN BERLIN (M/F)
About Twenty Billion Neurons
We are an artificial intelligence startup that applies recent breakthroughs in Deep Learning to real-world video understanding. We are developing new, ground-breaking technology that allows machines to perceive the world like humans. Our technology can analyze video and extract meaning from it in real-time. We build Deep Learning systems using our large video datasets about common world situations. Our company language is English, but we speak a lot of German as well.
- You will work in our Berlin team to extend the capabilities of neural networks applied to video understanding and common sense reasoning.
- You will research on e.g. recurrent networks, attention policies, multi-task learning and scaling up training.
- You will give hands-on guidance to our junior team members and enable them to create cutting edge deep neural networks.
- You will present your work at top international conferences and journals in the area, such as NIPS, ICLR, CVPR, PAMI.
- You will help define and shape a research agenda at the forefront of Deep Learning and AI.
- You completed your PhD or Master in Computer Science or other relevant fields and had significant exposure to Deep Learning. Ideally you have already published papers at high-profile conferences.
- You have extensive knowledge of Python, as well as Tensorflow, Theano or similar Deep Learning frameworks.
- You have experiences in leading (small) teams, and sharing your knowledge with others, ideally in agile development environments.
- You have very strong communication skills.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty to solve difficult technical problems.
- You are passionate about Artificial Intelligence and believe that it is the most transformative technology that currently exists.
- You think big and want to take part in defining the future of AI and Deep Learning.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a great engineering-focused startup
- Work with some of the leading Deep Learning experts
- Stay on top of Deep Learning research and publish and attend tech conferences all around the globe
- A stimulating startup environment with scientific reading groups, the latest and best hardware for Deep Learning, problems at the forefront of DL research, and after-work beer
- Work in the heart of Germany's startup scene in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Build products that will change the world
- Become part of a friendly, diverse team that values trustworthiness, a pioneer spirit and a work-life balance
- Have an impact: your voice will be heard, your opinion will matter, and your ideas will change things
- Competitive salary